Community Category

Calling and Character

One of the greatest joys I have as a pastor, is assisting people in their journey of faith, especially when it comes to seeking out who God has created them to be. I have many conversations with individuals trying to understand their calling in life. They are navigating through heavy questions of passion, purpose, and […]

Read More

Dealing with Doubt

Have you ever felt like you were inadequate? Have you ever looked in the mirror and questioned whether or not you are truly doing what you are supposed to be doing? Self doubt is natural, mainly because it is a broken part of yourself that hinders you from experiencing the fullness of your potential. The […]

Read More

Finding a Rhythm

Sometimes you need to take a step back to figure out your pace in life, then jump back in with a good rhythm.

Read More

Rising To The Occasion- What We Can Learn From Nick Foles

The Super Bowl was last night. It was supposed to be the sixth championship for the New England Patriots and Tom Brady. It actually seemed like it was Tom Brady against the world. The outcome was exactly the opposite of what people expected. The Philadelphia Eagles wound up the victors in a pretty solid matchup. […]

Read More

Some Relaxing Thoughts

On my Facebook page, Bobby Benavides, I asked the question, “In an age of busyness and crazy schedules, what are ways you relax?” We all have our calendars filled with important events and meetings. We have our google calendars linked to our phones in order to keep ourselves linked to our schedules. Some people even have […]

Read More

The World Is Dark, But We Can Shine Brighter

As many have been watching, the attack on the church in Texas has rocked the nation…again. From Orlando to Vegas to Texas, we are watching darkness aim to overtake our light. [tweetshare tweet=”The sad part about these tragedies is how quickly they become political narratives instead of narratives for unity.” username=”^M)zLemMY!u5ZU3lg5tTofaqD7l2DKda:1:1″] The two-sides want to […]

Read More

Three Reasons to Step Away From Social Media and One Important Reason To Come Back

The world needs Christians to step into the bad and point towards the good.

Read More

Walking Away For The Sake of You and Others Around You

When you are speaking truth into someone’s life and they don’t want to hear it, you need to step away.

It doesn’t mean you drop them forever, nor does it mean you stop being there when they reach out. 

Read More

When The Church Empowers Christ’s People, The World Will Change

“And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”-Luke 10:2 One of the issues churches across America are facing is people either being disengaged in the congregation or not even being a part of […]

Read More

Why #METOO Matters

In order for change to occur, not only does culture have to change, but so does the heart.

Read More